If you’re camping during the holidays in your new or used RV, you’ve got to try my favorite holiday recipe for gingerbread cookies! This iconic cookie is so much fun for the whole family to enjoy making and decorating. Whether you take the ingredients on the road or bake the cookies ahead of time (they freeze wonderfully!), this will be a holiday recipe you’ll consult from November through January!
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Hint: if you’re taking ingredients with you, measure and combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and all spices) in a food storage bag ahead of time.
Tools you’ll need:
- Stand mixer or bowl with hand mixer
- Measuring cups
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheets
- Cookie icing of your choosing – homemade or storebought
Let’s get baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix shortening, brown sugar, egg, and molasses and whip until creamy and smooth.
- Blend dry ingredients together and stir in until well combined.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Roll on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thickness and cut using the cookie cutters of your choice (during the holidays, we like to go with stars, trees, and gingerbread men)
- Place cut dough shapes on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Decorate with cookie icing and enjoy!
This is such a fantastic holiday recipe and incredibly easy! If you’re traveling for the holidays in your new or used RV and need a fun food gift that travels well, you can’t go wrong with this recipe for gingerbread cookies. Contact us today if we can help you pick out a new or used RV with the perfect kitchen for your holiday baking!