Looking for a quick and easy fall camping recipe your whole family will love? It’s only got a handful of ingredients, goes together in just a few minutes, and clean up is a breeze. You can make it over your campfire, on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen, or indoors with your oven. You may love this fall camping recipe so much you work it into your regular meal planning around the year!
Campfire Sausage & Potatoes
- One pound fully cooked beef sausage
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking oil
- Paprika and ground thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Dutch oven or cookie sheet
- Two ways to start: if you intend to cook this in your Dutch oven over the fire, get your campfire good and hot! If you plan to make it indoors, preheat your oven to 450.
- Dice sausage, potatoes, and onion.
- Mix together in mixing bowl and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- If using Dutch oven, place mixture in, cover with lid, and hang over campfire.
- If you’re using your oven, spread mixture on cookie sheet (line pan with aluminum foil).
- Roast until potatoes are tender – about 25 minutes. Stir every once in awhile to redistribute and prevent sticking.
- When potatoes are tender, cover mixture generously with cheddar cheese. Remove from heat and let the cheese melt into it before serving.
Once you try this fall camping recipe, your family will ask for it again! My family even reheats the leftovers in the morning for a delicious, hearty breakfast. This recipe could even be made using your new or used RV’s outside kitchen. If you have questions about shopping for a new or used RV, we can help. Contact us today!